Saturday, June 24, 2006

InstallState file unreachable in Vista

I started writing a long explanation about InstallState files and vs.net 2005 extensions installations on vista, but while "post back" the form after confirming the annoying popup blocker message (also in IE7) all data was lost.
man they got to do something with that.
To make a long story short I tried to install several vs.net 2005 extensions and all ended with an error of unreachable file (each in it's own directory and name) but all had the same InstallState Extension. As I searched for atlas installation solution I found that I must run the msi as administrator but when "right clicking" the *.msi installer I didn't find the 'run as administrator" context menu item.
a simple solution was to create a batch file that called the msi installer. And run the batch file as administrator (using right click > run as administrator)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home